All 3 lifts in the condo decided to conk out last night so it didn't leave me much of a choice but to extend my stay in Alabang for one more night. Which also meant I had to get up extra early and brave the traffic to Makati. "Better than climbing 16 flights of stairs," I said to myself. Yeah, I really did.
I haven't been caught in the morning rush for years. After we moved to the city, the only morning rush I ever experienced was hurrying up in the bathroom so my brother could use it after me.
As I was listening to Madonna's Dance 2night to distract myself from the many stupid drivers on the road, I observed a few things about Pinoy drivers (no, I don't mean the domestic capacity-type) - and it made me wonder about a whole lot of things.
1 - Why are there slow drivers on the fast lane?
2 - Why do people stay very, very, very far from the car in front of them?
3 - Why is it that when you're about to switch lanes, the car on the lane you want to be in suddenly speeds up, preventing you from switching?
4 - Why don't people who drive on the skyway onramp lane actually stay on it?
5 - Why don't people realize that if the car behind you flashes their headlights, you have to go faster or get out of their way? Or maybe they've gotten so used to that urban myth about the killer in the backseat.
6 - How long does it really take for some people to step on the gas once the light turns green or go faster when it turns yellow?
7 - I wonder if truck, bus, and those FX drivers are aware that they sometimes leave a trail of black smoke behind them...
8 - The country's highways aren't exactly like the autobahn so why do some drivers speed?
9 - Stopping on the side of the road THEN switching on the hazard is just plain stupid.
10 - Littering. Can't one wait till they get off the car and throw trash in its proper place?

2 got buggered:
9 - Stopping on the side of the road THEN switching on the hazard is just plain stupid.
err. why? :P
bbeeeecccaaauuuusseee it's better if the hazard is switched on before stopping on the side, that way the car behind it is prepared. :-)
Post a Comment