Having to wake up really early isn't easy.
But I did it anyway. If it meant getting early to Bora, I was all for it.
Along with my cousins and Tita, we all took the 530am flight. All 9 of us.
I got to the airport really early. I forgot traffic was non existent. So instead of waiting for everybody else, I checked in and waited for them at the departure area.
The flight was slightly smooth except for the landing when the plane swayed from left to right. I had visions of that scene in Alive where the plane did an abrupt stop and the seat was pushed up front, trapping the legs of the lady who was sitting on it. Ouchies.
I was still feeling a bit woozy from the lack of sleep but it all was washed away when I was greeted by this:
We rented out Chalet Y, which is a portion (half actually) of Chalet Tirol. It has three rooms that can fit 4 people, with more space for a couple more matresses for that slumber party feel.
It's a several steps away from Discovery Shores so you know you're in a good area - no people swimming wearing t-shirts and definitely no noisy children atop on black rubber tire floaters. There are still the frequent vendors selling wood carvings, pearls, and ice cream but they can be easily ignored once you put yourself in a state of unconsciousness.
There was a huge cloud that inconveniently hovered above us and stayed that way for what seemed like forever but it eventually was blown elsewhere after lunch. It was sunny the rest of our 2 night 3 day stay.
What surprised me the most was how commercial the entire place has become. Gone are the quaint resorts and restaurants. Even the once rustic looking resorts have transformed into fantastic facades that are hidden behind the wind barriers.
Station 2 is more congested than ever, and the D'Mall almost looks like an actual mall minus the big families pushing baby strollers and lingering window shoppers.
But despite the slight changes in the island, it still really is a breathtaking place. Especially at sunset when the light makes the water glisten and even more so at night when all the stars are out.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Bora bound : Getting there
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 got buggered:
Post a Comment