Sunday, May 4, 2008

Cars

I've been thinking lately what car I should get when it's time to replace the one I have now. My Dad told me one time that I shouldn't have gotten rid of my Mazda 3 2.0L. I guess he's right. That car had everything - leather seats, sunroof, 6 disc CD changer. Plus it was already all dressed and ready to go. And true to it's slogan, it really did go "zoom, zoom, zoom." Anyway, what I wanted before was a BMW X3 Sport Edition. Which we already had but sold because my brother who works for the competitor said it was "an insult that it was parked in our garage." It was a really great drive. I took it once to Tagaytay Highlands and it didn't have a difficult time going up the steep road. I also wanted the Mini Cooper because it's such a cool car. But I thought that it'll be a headache when it's time for it to be serviced since BMW doesn't carry that car here. Then, as I was skimming through my brother's Auto Motor Un Sport magazine, I saw the BMW 1 series coupe. I was about to set my mind on the Bavarian brand until i saw the Mercedes Benz CLC. It'll be launched next year I'm told. Good news is, it won't come in the same price tag as its older brother, the C Class. This baby will be priced at 2M for the CLC 200 which will be the entry model for the Coupe category. The CLC's styling reflects include a large Mercedes badge in its grille and new projector-beam headlamps, and new LED taillights to the rear. There's a new tailgate, giving access to up to 1,100 litres of luggage capacity, and the cabin features more supportive sports seats, brushed aluminium interior trim, and standard equipment including automatic climate control. It also has a DVD or hard drive-based nav, iPod integration, and an in-dash SD card slot. The entertainment, communications and nav systems can all be operated by voice command, too. The interior of the new Mercedes-Benz CLC is akin to a contemporary tailor-made suit - custom-fit and comfortable. Sports seats with better lateral support than ever, a three-spoke multifunction steering wheel, automatic climate control and brushed aluminium trim elements form part of the standard specification. A choice of seat covers in black, alpaca grey and a particularly stylish combination of black and red are available to give the interior its individual colour scheme. In short, it's one wicked car.

0 got buggered: