Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Grub Review: Dayrit's

Growing up in Alabang, the only points of interest for me back then was the Alabang Twin Cinema, the Madrigal Center (they sold HUGE sampaloc balls), the Club, and Dayrit's. I loved the cheeseburgers at Dayrit's. My family used to eat there a lot. We even had a Sunday lunch with my other relatives and had that as the main course. Big, fat, juicy burgers. Yum. I was sad when they moved out of Casa Susanna, all the more sad that I was never able to visit their branch along Buendia when I saw it on the way to school. I thought I was never again going to have the chance of biting into their to-die-for burgers the rest of my life. Okay, I'm exaggerating. I swear I heard an Alleluja chorus when I heard that they opened a branch in Magallanes. When my folks collected my brother and I from the airport after we had arrived from Bora last Sunday, we gravitated towards the area and decided to have a spot of grub there. I initially wanted the cheeseburger again but changed my mind when I saw the Roast Beef platter, which I had. Could have been better if it was served piping hot. It was still yummy anyway. I also had a glass of black gulaman and french apple pie ala mode. The black gulaman was well, sweet. The apple pie was warm at a comfortable temperature, which was great because at least the ice cream didn't turn into soup. Dayrit's is definitely one of those restaurants that you somehow keep going back to. And the next time I go back, I'm really going to have that burger. Dayrit's is located at Maga Center Building, Paseo Magallenes

0 got buggered: