I've been listening to Hard Candy for over a week now thanks to the spoils of piracy.
All I can say is..
It's nothing great. I think all the excitement was gone in well, 4 minutes.
Justin Timberlake, Timbaland, and whoever else she worked with sure left their mark on each of the 12 tracks. Some of the tracks sounded like something off FutureLoveSex and Shock Value. Some musical elements weren't all to surprising because they seem to have been used in collaborations with other artists like Nelly Furtado.
I especially love Devil Wouldn't Recognize You because it's a different kind of ballad and I lurv how the melodies are layered in an electronica sort of way.
As quiet as it is tonight
You'll almost think you were safe
Your eyes, are full of surprises
They cannot predict my fate
Waiting underneath the stars
There something you should know
The angels they surround my heart
Telling me to let you go
I bet he couldn't
I bet he couldn't recognize
But I fed right into it
Who am I to criticize
Somehow I'll get through it
And you won't even realize
Falling through your own disguise
It's like over and over
You're pushing me right down to the floor
I should just walk away
Over and over
I keep on comming back for more
I play into your fantasy
Now that it's over
You can lie to me right through your smile
I see behind your eyes
Now I'm sober
The more intoxicating my mind
Even the devil wouldn't recognize you
But I do
Even the devil wouldn't recognize you
But I do
Even the devil wouldn't recognize you
But I do
Even the devil wouldn't recognize you
But I do, I do, I do
You almost fooled yourself this time
Let all the saints be graced
You hide your sadness behind your smile
And you keep your lost heartbreak
You stepped up there along a ledge
It's much higher than it seems
But I've been on that ledge before
You can't hide yourself from me
I bet he couldn't
I bet he couldn't recognize
But I fed right into it
Who am I to criticize
Somehow I'll get through it
And you won't even realize
Falling through your own disguise
I also like Dance 2night because it's such a happy song. Plus, it's a duet and I'm a sucker for duets.
Madonna:
Move your body
Get me from across the floor
Everybody's watchin'
But I just wanna give you more
Don't care bout nothin'
I'm fallin' for your love in the worst way
Justin:
Move closer
I can feel your body rise
The heat from you
And I just have to fantasize
We're all alone now
And I don't care what people have to say
Chorus (Madonna)
You don't have to be beautiful
To be understood
You don't have to be rich and famous
To be good
You just gotta give more more more
Than you ever have before
Let's dance tonight dance tonight
And groove around the world
Dance Tonight Dance Tonight
With a boy and with a girl
I wanna dance tonight, dance tonight
(Bridge)
Do it, do it
Let me turn you on
Let the music pull you through it
Til the break of dawn
Do it, do it
While the night is young
Let the music pull you through it
Til the lights go on
In our zone
Do you wanna take it further
And before too long
Gonna start to wonder
Are you a one trick pony
Or do you wanna...
Justin: I'm so into you...
Madonna: I've heard it all before
Justin: What should I do?
Madonna: Get me on the floor
Don't spoil this moment
Cause talk is cheap
I don't have time to waste
All in all, everything else for me still needs some getting used to.
Hard Candy is definitely not what Ray of Light was to me, which I loved from track 1 to 13.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Sound review: Hard Candy
buggered by Алексей at 11:02 AM
Labels: hard candy, madonna, sound review
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 got buggered:
True. The album is nothing great. I find her collaborations with JT and Timba too much. Some songs sounded nothing like Madonna. Oh well, towel.
di ko gets kung bat ang 70's pa din ng tunog nya (after Confessions). and i hate the repetitive thumping and beats. the album was like one lengthy single -- nothing quite stands out.
give it to me and the beat goes on lang yata gusto ko.
it's all jt, timba and pharrell. :D
ibang level ang ray of light talaga naman.
ako lang yata maiiba dito. i love all the tracks in the album. gustong-gusto ko yung 70's/80's beat ng songs. yung ray of light naman ang pinaka ayaw ko. hehe
rick - hahaha, i wouldnt say that ahrd candy is a failure. i wrote this entry before i listened to everything in full. its starting to grow on me - im getting quite fond of Miles Away and Voices and Candy Shop. hehehe
Post a Comment