Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My new roomie

With my pug-hating brother out of the country, we decided to grab the chance to ship one of the dogs to the condo so we could have something to play with, scare, or startle. Maggie (short for Steel Magnolia) ain't exactly made of steel. Infact, she's perpetually a bunch of nerves. One slight boo sends her scurrying across the room to seek shelter under a chair, bed, or anywhere that's far from the boo-er. For the last couple of nights, she's been keeping me up thanks to her constant pacing around the room. Last night, she was scratching the bedroom door. When I opened it thinking she wanted to go out of the room, she just stood and started into the darkness. "What do you want, Maggie?" I asked. So I closed the door, messed up her blanket and pillow and told her to go to bed. So she did. Had I known that was all I needed to do for her to hit the sack, I would have done it earlier. Despite her slightly irritating nails, she makes a good alarm clock though. She's been waking me at 630 am. I don't know if this is a good or bad sight to see so early in the morning.

3 got buggered:

[chocoley] said...

Nice :)

Anna said...

Maggie is soooooooooo pretty! What a darlin!

dak/james said...

I need a bitch too, also a pug. but I should find and have my own turf first.