Saturday, August 9, 2008

Eight's amazing

I wasn't able to watch the opening of the Beijing Olympics because I was busy enjoying crispy pata, guava sinigang, kare kare, dilis friend rice, lumpiang ubod, and adobo in my nephew's 6th birthday in Fely J's. I tried looking for it in Youtube this morning but the Chinese government must have had it all pulled out. Good thing my friend sent me the link of the coverage, so not all is lost. In Barcelona, they had an archer shoot an arrow into the torch. In Atlanta, they had Muhammad Ali light a ball that took forever to reach the top to ignite the flame. In Sydney, they had this woman light a circle that suddenly lifted from the ground. Like a burning UFO, it gingerly moved to the top of the stadium. In Beijing, they had this runner sprint in the air trailed by an awesome video. Then, there's also the world's biggest pep squad and Cirque de Soleil to back it up. The production number was a spectacle in gargantuan proportions. I hear the director of House of the Flying Daggers did the entire shebang.

There goes the air pollution levels.
I wonder how London will manage to top Beijing? Will they have Queen Elizabeth or Prince William sky dive or zip from Big Ben to wherever the torch is?

0 got buggered: