Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Lessons learned today

Lesson No.1 - Never talk to the cab driver I had to take public transport again to go back to Makati because my ride had to go elsewhere after our meeting in Ortigas. Luckily, there was a taxi line in Greenhills so I didn't have to walk to then nearest hotel for them to call a cab for me. As we were approaching Makati, he noticed that the traffic was starting to build up so I told him it must be because of the rally earlier in the CBD. No, it wasn't anti/pro GMA related. This time, the people rallying had a bone to pick with Nissan, Nestle, and Toyota. Earlier they were making a ruckus in front of Enterprise. I spotted them two hours after in front of Equitable along Paseo. When I told the cab driver that it must be some union issue, he started his spiel about: - the rich are already rich so they don't care about the little people - the rich don't want the lower class to become any richer because if they do, who will serve them? He added that the rich don't know how to wash the dishes. - that he did a study that the US economy is not doing well because everyone is already rich He stopped making sense after he said that so I just said uh-huh till we reached our destination. Lesson No.2 - Always have small change with you Especially when commuting. Or else you're forced to fork out your crisp P200 bill if you don't have smaller bills to give Lesson No. 3 - Don't be picky If you don't take a vacant cab because it looks like a refurbished bump car and you're afraid to be seen in it, chances are you'll spend most of your day waiting for one that is more to your liking.

3 got buggered:

MeeKa said...

hey that's an interesting heading image. i like...

MC said...

i'm picky about what cab company it is.

Anonymous said...

I like talking to cab drivers. They've got so much things to say. Even if they don't make sense anymore. And I think they appreciate when you talk to them. :)