When people ask me how to get to any point in Quezon city, I always tell them that if I was left penniless in the middle of any street there, I'd never ever find my way home.
I found myself in the middle of all the hustle and bustle when I made my way there to pay my last respects to Eric. After I did, I decided to go to the points of interests that I've always wondered about but have not gotten around to seeing them for myself till now.
Luckily, they were all on the way to C5 where I planned to pass. Or were at least in areas that I was familiar with.
The Quezon Memorial is quite an imposing structure that centers the dizzying gigantic rotunda in the midst of the different government buildings. My QC-dweller friend said that it was hoped that the city would be something like Washington DC (the same bright idea of Manila looking like Paris) but obviously, that idea never flew. Anyhoo, in the middle of that almost kalbo flora'd and fauna'd circle is well, the Quezon Memorial that houses memorabilia from the Commonwealth President. The structure is 66 meters high and is supposed to represent the age when he died. The triangular shape represents Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. Entrance to the museum is free but there's really nothing much to see but photographs, plaques, certificates, and stuff. Manuel Quezon died in the US of TB. His body was flown back to Manila two years after.
It would have been great to have gone up to the deck but it was closed.
Another QC site that I went to was UP. I never took the UPCAT because I didn't want to wake up for the 7am test. Anyway, the university campus was huge and is still shaded by really old and majestic looking trees. Most of the buildings look the same - not well maintained. There were lots of people walking and it made me wonder why the school administration never thought of having a rent-a-bike program that students can use while inside the sprawling campus. My dad said he learned to drive inside the campus. With all that space, the opposition should consider holding their foiled rallies there.
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Field trip
buggered by Алексей at 5:22 PM
Labels: sight seeing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 got buggered:
Post a Comment