Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Chill

Why is it that when Holy Week is announced, it suddenly becomes sweltering hot? It's like the universe knows everyone will be out of town, enjoying the holiday, swimming in their infinity pools, relaxing by the beach, sporting the summer's latest suits and lounge wear, and sipping margaritas. So what it does to tick everyone off by cranking up the heat to wreck everyone's holiday. This afternoon, I walked like a geriatric (read: very, very slow) to avoid sweating to Chowking where I wanted to try their halo halo. I was never really fond of halo halo. When it's served, I just hog the gulaman, sago, a few langka bits, and pinpig then drown it all in lots of milk and crushed ice. But Chowking's halo halo is different. It isn't overflowing with sweet condiments, milk, or ice but it's still a perfect measurement of chilled goodness enough for one sitting. I thought it was going to be bitin but it was just right. There are three sizes to choose from: Anorexic, Average, and Hog.

2 got buggered:

Juned said...

A dip in a pool would be OK just right now.

MC said...

i love halohalo. i love chowkign halohalo. there's this place near where i live that is like famous for halohalo and palabok or something. little quiapo. mmm.