Sunday, November 2, 2008

At Church

I was busy trying to analyze the priest's beating-around-the-bush sermon about life after death and counting the number of times he said "okay" when this imp starts yelling something gibberish at the top of her lungs. Which ticked me off because my train of thought got derailed and I hate it when that happens. The seed of Chucky was bearable for the first 5 minutes till she probably decided that all the world is a stage so she left her spot behind us and took her production number in front of where we were seated. She even pranced her way till the church door, and around the crowd, even startling this old man beside me who had fallen asleep. I know he got startled because I saw him pop out from his subconscious from the corner of my eye. I would have whacked the child with a Monobloc chair but unfortunately, I was in church. Maybe the child's parents thought their little gremlin provided entertainment to the other church goers who looked bored listening to the priest who went on and on about today being All Soul's Day. I definitely was because he said that like, fifteen times. "Yesterday was All Saint's Day," he said. "Today is All Soul's Day. We must pray por all dos who hab died especially the beekteems op natooral calamities and human bayolens, and those who have met anexpected det." I thought what he said was familiar until I read the Euchalette. There it was, right there in the introduction. Anyway, after a while the child finally shut up much to the relief of the woman with bad hair in front of me. Her mother, who I saw was checking herself out on her compact, carried her lil devil and took her inside the church, probably for an exorcism. Before the mass ended, they invited everyone to recite this prayer to the Holy Spirit. It was really the weirdest thing because it was to thank for a successful planning session which happened last August. Okay, this entry didn't make any sense at all.

1 got buggered:

[chocoley] said...

Haha, tht wuz relly funeh.. oh btw saw you again, but this time yer in the page of philtar lifestyle section, hihihi XD