Thursday, February 14, 2008

Taxi driver

It was my first for the year and it gave me a headache. I took a cab back to Makati after attending a briefing in Unilever. Admittedly, I do not know how to hail a cab unless there is an existing taxi line, which, let's face it - in this country, is non-existent. Well, maybe unless you're in a mall. Which I was not. I was in the middle of nowhere. So anyway, luckily my friend was there and she told the guards to get one for me. And this was in exchange for a Dark Chocolate Snickers bar. Hmph. The headache inducing experience began after we crossed San Andres. The ride suddenly became really bumpy and I felt like hurling. It didn't help that the car reeked of cheap car freshner that must have clung to the faux leather seats that were torn in a gazillion places it looked as if Freddy Krueger emerged from it. I wanted to open the window a bit but the lever was missing. On both sides! The radio was blasted and the DJ kept on saying "now you hear me, now you don't" but you could still hear him anyway. Weird. The only good thing about the ride was the driver was silent the entire trip. I was surprised it only cost me P81 bucks. I let him keep the change. He looks like he needs to buy new car freshner anyway. I saw this flyer on the seat and wondered - if you have a Porsche, couldn't you have afforded a bigger house in a more posh neighborhood? So there.

0 got buggered: