Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cook

My culinary skills are limited to the simple stuff - frying egg, cooking pasta, mixing fried rice. I cannot, for the life of me, prepare main course dishes. Last night, I attempted to cook adobo. The last time I did, I got the recipe off the net and followed the instructions. Except that, I think I should have added water when I left the chicken simmering in the soy sauce and vinegar mixture because when I checked on it after a bit, the liquid was gone, the chicken was very salty, and no matter how long I submerged it in water in hopes to dilute it, it was definitely a goner. To avoid history from repeating itself, I decided to buy the ready adobo mix. Instructions were simple. Dilute the powder in water and dump the meat in it to marinate. I then added loads of garlic. When I was about to die of hunger, I took the chicken out and fried it a bit. When I saw it was bordering fried chicken, I poured the marinade in the pot and left it to simmer. Thing is, the chicken was already brown because of the soy sauce so I couldn't tell if it was already cooked or not. So i left it up to my already noisy tummy to decide on the cooking time, which was more or less 20 minutes after I left it to simmer. It turned out pretty okay, even if it tasted slightly undercooked.

1 got buggered:

Anonymous said...

you know what, it didnt look bad. and it seemed like an improvement from your last attempt!

the vinegar in the marinade outta have cooked it partially. vinegar---kinda acts like a cooking agent in the right doses. remember---its an acid---it sorta has heat into it.

onto the next meal!