The dampa dining experience was introduced to me by my bestfriend, Liana, who took me to one in Sta.Rosa called Tito Paeng's (yes, I know its far away from any body of water). That was such a memorable meal because we both managed to eat enough food that could have fed four people. We had crabs, shrimp, liempo, eggplant salad, mango salad, a lot of orders of steamed rice, grilled fish, and squid. And all that only cost me then about P2,000. Not bad at all.
So when in the mood for excellent and affordable seafood, I trod on over to the nearest dampa along Macapagal near Mall of Asia. I used to dine in Trinity along Sucat with my friends until it decided to become a Korean grocery.
Master Cook was recommended to me by a friend who hosted his birthday dinner there. Located at the back portion of dampa, the restaurant is laid out the usual Chinese resto type, with family style serving, small plastic bowls on the table, and upside down glasses on top of the plates. Like any other restaurant in dampa, you have an option to market for your seafood and have it cooked or let them do the marketing for you.
For my recent trip there two weeks ago, I had them do the marketing. Served was salt and pepper squid, steamed shrimp (my sole reason for eating there), and siomai. I was never a fond of the squid (my friend ate that) and I wasn't in the siomai mood. I gladly stuck to having all the shrimp I could eat.
Steamed shrimp is one of the food items that I cannot have enough of. If it's in front of me, there is nothing else I would eat but that. I also will not stop until I have peeled and sucked the head enough for me to enjoy throughout my meal. It's such a hassle to run out of shrimp in the middle of it all.
Your tummy will thank you after eating in Master Cook.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Grub Review: Master Cook
buggered by Алексей at 1:01 PM
Labels: glorious food, grub review
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 got buggered:
Post a Comment