Friday, June 26, 2009

Jackson is dead

My very first cassette tape was Michael Jackson's Dangerous. I must have played it one too many times because my Dad started liking Heal the World.

When the Gloved One came to Manila, I wasn't really able to watch the concert but went to the grounds (sometime in between Algeb101 and Comm Skills01) and bought a shirt and one of those huge song book things. I stopped following his career after that because my musical tastes changed and I was no longer into high pitched, heeeeing and awwwwwing. Plus, I had a classmate in high school who claimed she met him AND Janet Jackson for her birthday. Her obsession with Michael was bordering insanity. I found it weird ergo, anything that had to do with that was instantly the strangest thing ever. Like how seeing an aged oompa loompa in Transformers 2 was really weird.
It's kinda sad to wake up to the news of Michael Jackson's passing. According to CNN, he was rushed to an LA hospital, went into a coma, then croaked. He was half a century old. But with the amount of plastic surgery he's had done, I doubt he's really that age. haha
I wonder what the wake and tributes will be like. And if his kids can finally walk around town mask-less.

0 got buggered: