Thursday, October 2, 2008

Skin test

My sister told me recently that she went to this derma in Fort that does a pretty good facial at below Belo prices so i gave it a try yesterday. While it was flooding all over Manila, I drove to Nu U Asia. It's in the same building as Aubergine, Zhu, and Secret Recipe. They led me to a dorm-like room which totally turned me off. Three rows of beds = three patients having treatments. Luckily I was the only one there but could you imagine getting a facial with other people in the room? The procedure was pretty basic and very P600 - a lame facial scrub, a prick here and there using what seemed like a dull needle, and that was it. What I hated was that there were nurses going in and out of the room, one even reaching out to my side since the iPod dock was there and another who came inside just to tell the girl mercilessly pricking me that the kids outside were "cute". The music they played was The Beyonce, Mariah, and Whitney Houston Collection which wasn't very relaxing if you're laying there being punctured. What I liked though was this minty wax they lather on your face to "cool" and "whiten" it. They leave it plastered on your face for a good ten minutes (or maybe they forgot about me). When I paid, the girl at the counter asked if I had change. "No I don't." If I did, I would have given it, riiiiiggggghhhhhtttt? "Ok, sir," she replied. The she stood up and went out. 10 years later, she came back with a grande drink from Starbucks and fries from McDonald's. She stopped in front of me and handed me my change straight from her bundle of crumpled change. At least she didn't give me old P20 bills. When I got home that night, I realized a blemish emerged - one that wasn't there pre-Nu U so I'm blaming them for making it peep to say hello and annoy me. Now I have to drag myself to Belo to have it injected.

0 got buggered: