Saturday, September 20, 2008

And then I turned 29

I woke up at 630 but when I realized it was very early, I went back to sleep and woke up an hour after. When i woke up again, I went down and asked the maid to run along to the organic market to buy a bucket full of taho. They channeled their inner Andy and did it even before I asked them to. Efficient! After hoovering almost all of it, I continued working on this article I was asked to write at the last minute by the paper for a supplement that's coming out on September 26th. When I was done with that, I went to Belo to have this darn blemish zapped. It turned out to be a sort of bad idea because it turned beet red after. It even looked better pre-zapping. Now I look like a fried siopao with a red dot on my face. Pretending it wasn't there, I headed to the mall to buy a copy of Metro Him , then waited for almost an hour for my barber. I felt my hair had the makings of an afro and that ain't pretty at all. After he snipped half my head and gave me a faux mohawk which I know I'll never style the same way he does, I went home to have lunch. I arrived at the nick of time because I saw my brother gorging on the lengua my mom had bought for me. After lunch, I facebook-ed and multiply-ed all afternoon, thanked everyone who greeted via wall to wall and through text, then took a powernap. Woke up 430, took a shower and left for my birthday dinner at Aristocrat in Malate with my family. Got to Aristocrat before 7, ordered food, wolfed it.

* i really have to learn how to make that watermark look better
My sister arrived fresh from the airport with jay jay so we waited for them to finish eating. We were home by 830. It's 10:05 and already my eyes are going with the flow with gravity. So that's how I spent my birthday - no frills, no thrills. Simple, just the way I like it.

4 got buggered:

MC said...

happy birthday love.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!!

Jason said...

happy birthday! :-)

[chocoley] said...

happry birthday XD