With my Dad on the golf course, my Sister in school, and my Mom entertaining her cousin in the apartment, I took off and walked all over the CBD. It's funny how nothing has really changed since the last time I was here three years ago.
I'm not sure if that's good or bad - the nothing's changed thing. The only changed I noticed was the vintage store that I wanted to go to disappeared. Not only the store but the entire building.
What I like about Melbourne is the creative mix of old and new - how old buildings are turned into shops while some retain them as offices which are dwarfed by those made out of glass and steel.
Like the GPO building in the corner of Elizabeth and Bourke St. The foundation was laid on 1859. It stopped being the post office of Australia Post in 2001. They turned it into a mall instead, keeping the original thingamajigs and adding little stores encased in glass in the ground and second floor.
Across the GPO is Myers, which showcases on of Melbourne's finest art deco buildings. Found the mirrors by the escalator rather amusing.

1 got buggered:
The lines @ the Melbourne Central're to die for! *drools*
Post a Comment